Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server updates
Hey Darryl,
First I'd like to apologize for my tribe and myself not being on your server as of late.  We all purchased Scorched Earth and wanted to try it out so we went to a different server system and learned a few things.  Speaking on behalf of myself at least, I know that I am going to be returning to your server but have a few suggestions that might make it more appealing for more players to come.
  1. First would be if it is possible to setup a server cluster.  The other server we were on was in a cluster with all three types of map; SE, Island, and the Center, allowing us to transfer ourselves and our dinos between them and play across all three nearly seamless.  As you already have an Island map, and I'm not sure how it would be to acquire a Scorched Earth map, but linking the three would be a fun experience especially on your server.
  2. Second of course would be some mods to make life a little easier.  I don't have an exact list of what might all be good to have but I can say that structures+, stacks, reuseable grapple hook, and corpse finder would probably be the ones my tribe would list off first.
  3. The third might be just myself speaking as I haven't really discussed any of these ideas with my tribe but a server wipe would probably be warranted if the above two suggestions were implemented.
These are just suggestions as we have spent some time on the other server and found those the most appealing thing to keep playing over there.  I'd also just like to say keep up the good work.  The admins on the other server don't seem to know how to run a server and it really made me at least, the rest of the tribe would agree, appreciate how well you run your server.  So thanks Darryl for your time to read this.
Very good input! 

I was wondering where you all went! 

I will be adding a scorched earth server ASAP. I still have to look into the mods, but I should be implementing some within the month.

UPDATE: I have created a scorched earth server with the same settings as TheIsland and TheCenter servers. I don't have the game so I will need someone to test it for me Wink
(04-24-2017, 08:14 PM)distortedvoice Wrote: Very good input! 

I was wondering where you all went! 

I will be adding a scorched earth server ASAP. I still have to look into the mods, but I should be implementing some within the month.

UPDATE: I have created a scorched earth server with the same settings as TheIsland and TheCenter servers. I don't have the game so I will need someone to test it for me Wink

All seems well! If possible though, can they be put into a cluster? The other server made it so that using a supply drop or an obelisk would let you upload your dinos and transfer your character through to the other servers so you didn't have to make new characters to play on the other two.

Thanks again man! You're always on top of stuff!
This does seem a bit tricky If I am going to save all the player data. I will be working on a cluster setup within the next few days.

UPDATE: I was able to get the cluster up and running as well as structures+ and Stacks! Let me know how it works for you!

I didn't copy over the player data as these mods change the whole dynamic of the game. Although I do have backups of the old servers.
Hey Daryl! Thanks for the quick responses, we all really appreciate it. I thought I would give some more suggestions for possible mods, the ones I think would work really well would be
-Reusable Grappling hooks
-Beacon Enhancer
-Platforms +
-Corpse finder
-Pets finder
-Ark postal service
-versatile rafts
-Offline raid protection